Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wishing it was finished Wednesday

I have been dividing my time between the two WiPs I have. 

The white and flowery tops will become cushion covers by tonight and the wall hanging will be done when it's done. I am teaching a lady who has never done any quilting some straight line quilting so she can do some as well - but I think we can all remember the first time we tried quilting and how scary it was, well Maureen is feeling the fear - but doing it anyway.



 The above two have been stipple quilted with raw edge applique.



 These two above have been loopy quilted.


 This shows the wording that will be sewn on - so far just the A is stitched.


 And this shows the sun stippled and the straight line quilting that will be done on all the rays in the colour that they are... it is taking time, but I think as the first goal is about to pass, we can relax a bit more and let it takes whatever time it needs to grow into the beauty it's going to become.
We're only getting a couple of hours each week on it, so I think the first goal was a little ambitious.

What have you been up to this week? 



No comments:

Post a Comment