Monday 30 June 2014

Finishes this past week

The church wall hanging is up on the wall at last, we were sewing the last evening from 5.30pm until 9.30pm, it was a hard push but very worth it. Although now I'm really trying hard to be pleased with it and stop finding faults with it, but hey ho that's just the way I am, on the up side at least I'm not pointing them out ;0)




My other finish is for my very good friend Jule's new grand daughter Madeline who arrived last week. A really sweet little log cabin quilt done in furrows.
I used a red and white heart fabric for the centre of each square,  as I think it really lends itself to representing the heart of the home.
I've done another scrappy back,  though with only three fabrics and I used big white dots on red for the binding.






If you've ever wanted to do a pixelated quilt there is a gadget to pixelate pictures into a quilt layout. I have quite a few patterns printed off. The only thin I would say there is part of it which doesn't print correctly, so you'd have to do a screen shot of it and print it that way - it's the part where it shows you which colours you need how many jof, it squares, triangles etc.





1 comment:

  1. The wall hanging looks great and I love the log cabin quilt. It's really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete